The Projects and Construction Office (PCO) provides cost estimates for LBNL Capital Asset Projects, Science-based Infrastructure modifications & alterations, and D & D projects.
- Class 5 – Conceptual/ROM
- Class 4 – Feasibility/Planning
- Class 3 – Budget/Preliminary
- Class 2 – Semi-Detailed
- Class 1 – Full Definitive
In addition, PCO provides cost estimating services for Procurement:
- Provide compliant “Independent Government Cost Estimates” (IGCE).
- Provide union & prevailing wage rate determinations/evaluations.
- Evaluate Change Orders, Request for Equitable Adjustments (REA) to be fair and reasonable.
While producing estimates, PCO applies Institutional & Programmatic Burdens to Project Planning Guide (PPG). The group provides a Basis of Estimate (BOE) assumptions for the Cost Estimate and the development of the Scope of Work, basis for project escalation rates, an evaluation/crosswalk for the project Total Estimated Construction Cost (TECC), and confers with Management, Project Managers, LBNL crafts, and Science teams in scope development.