The PMO is also responsible for coordinating monthly meetings of the Project Management Advisory Board (PMAB) for science and engineering and PMAB-CP for construction projects. The PMAB and PMAB-CP provide observations, assistance, and recommendations related to successful project execution and completion to both project managers and their line management. Other areas of focus for the PMO include:
- Maintaining the LBNL Project Management Framework (PM Framework) guidance for project teams navigating the DOE Order 413.3b process.
- Overseeing monthly project reporting requirements (quad charts) and coordinating periodic and ad-hoc project team meetings with the PMAB.
- Conveying periodic and ad-hoc project performance assessment information to the respective project management, its line management, and senior laboratory management as part of its project management assurance function.
- Identifying cross-cutting project concerns attributable to LBNL infrastructure or services and promote the resolution of such concerns.
- Establishing training curricula where individual project management training requirements are determined by current and forecasted project assignments
- Hosting the Project Management Best Practices Seminars and discussions where LBNL colleagues from across the Lab will share their expertise and perspective on guiding projects to successful outcomes and participants are encouraged to ask questions to gain further understanding. Participation is open to LBL staff and affiliates.